Section 51 Manual for Private Bodies
THIS MANUAL HAS BEEN PREPARED IN TERMS OF SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF
ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT 2 / 2000
Name of Business
The Compliance Officer
PO Box 48286
011 888 58 56
086 650 8906
2) The section 10 Guide on how to use the Act
The Guide is available from the South African Human Rights Commission. Please direct queries
The South African Human Rights Commission:
The Research and Documentation Department
Postal Address: Private Bag 2700
Telephone: +27 11 484-8300
Fax: +27 11 484-0582
Information is available in terms of the following legislation, if and where applicable:
Basic Conditions of Employment Act No. 75 of 1997
Closed Corporation Act No. 69 of 1984
Companies Act No. 61 of 1973
Compensation of Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act No. 130 of 193
Customs and Excise Act No. 91 of 1964
Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002
Employment Equity Act No. 55 of 1998
Income Tax Act No. 58 of 1962
Insolvency Act No. 24 of 1936
Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 1995
Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 85 of 1993
Patents Act No. 57 of 1978
Promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000
Skil s development Levies Act No. 9 of 1999
Trademarks Act No. 194.of 1993
Unemployment Insurance Act No. 30 of 1966
Value Added Tax Act No. 89 of 1991
Sections 51(1)(c) and 51(1)(e)
4) Access to the records held [Sections 51(1)(c) and 51(1)(e)]
Records which are available without a person having to request access in terms of this Act in
terms of section 52(2) [Section 51(1)(c)]
This information can be defined as operational information needed in the day to day running of
the company and is general y of little to no use to persons outside the company.
(Examples of such information are: Requisitions, internal phone lists, company policies,
contracts, employee records and general accounting records).
The Request Procedures
(Prescribed form and fee structure in respect of private bodies)
The forms and fee structure prescribed under the Act are available at the website of the
Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (www.doj.gov.za) under the "regulations"
5) Other information as may be prescribed
The Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this
6) Availability of the material
The manual is available at our offices free of charge; and copies are available with the SAHRC,
in the Gazette and on our website as listed above.
Terms and Conditions
- AMPPOL IT Linux CD's & DVD's provide their services to you subject to the following terms and conditions. If you visit or shop within this website, you accept these terms and conditions.
- When you visit AMPPOL IT Linux CD's & DVD's website, send e-mails or phone us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail, telephonically or by posting latest updates on this website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- All items purchased from AMPPOL IT Linux CD's & DVD's are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to yourself, the postal courier or post office.
- Faulty CD's/DVD's are to be returned to AMPPOL IT Linux CD's & DVD's in Johannesburg only, any shipping costs will be for your account.
- These CDs/DVDs are distributed in the hope that they will be useful, but without any warranty, without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
- AMPPOL IT Linux CD's & DVD's does not guarantee that the Linux products are compatible with all hardware and software configurations. A complete hardware compatibility list is available from the individual distributions website.
- Due to the nature of the CDs/DVDs, there is no swapping nor refund available of CD's/DVD's. All CDs/DVDs are thoroughly tested before being dispatched. In the unlikely event that you receive a damaged CD/DVD, please contact us for a free replacement via standard tracked mail.
- Computer hardware once paid for has no refund nor returns, one year warranty on computer hardware.
- AMPPOL IT Linux CD's & DVD's expressly reserves the right in its sole discretion to affect any amendment or alteration to the content and information, including pricing and rates, set out in this web site.
- Users acknowledge that it is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any amendment or alteration affected.
- Should you for any reason wish to cancel your credit card, cash deposit or EFT purchase you will be liable for a 15% handling fee. You must advise us in writing of your cancellation and any such cancellation must be signed by the person who made the original purchase. This form needs to be faxed to our accounts department on 086 650 8906 during normal office hours.
- The GPL license (General Public License) governs the development and redistribution of Linux. This license provides everyone the right to copy, distribute, examine, modify and improve the system as long as the results of these modifications are returned to the community. It is this development model that allows Linux to collect the best ideas from developers & users from across the globe to result in a rich variety of techniques and solutions.
- 24 hours notice may be given to any service provider to terminate any service immediately held with such service provider, when AMPPOL IT clicks on any service provider agreement such service provider also agrees to our conditions.
- THIS ENTIRE WEB SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, IMAGES, LINKS, DOWNLOADS AND CODING, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". THE WEB SITE OWNER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OR SUITABILITY OF EITHER THE WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN IT.
- USERS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE WEB SITE OWNER, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ISPs, SERVANTS, SUBCONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY DEMAND, ACTION OR APPLICATION OR OTHER PROCEEDINGS, INCLUDING FOR ATTORNEYS FEES AND RELATED COSTS SUCH AS TRACING FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY AND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USERS USE OF THIS WEB SITE, THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR ANY OF THE SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH SUCH SITES IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PROVISION OF CONTENT AS ALLOWABLE BY SOUTH AFRICAN/INTERNATIONAL LAW.
- All images and text where applicable on this site are a trademark of its respected owner.
- Copyright © 1998-2013 AMPPOL IT Linux CD's & DVD's